Social Studies Chapter 2 Study Guide Name: _________________
1. Who made the decisions in the Iroquois League? _____________________________
2. Which of the following was NOT one way people of the Eastern Woodlands used forest resources?
3. In addition to meat, what did animals provide to the peoples of the Eastern Woodlands? (circle one)
4. Why did Iroquois hunters speak to and thank the deer they killed? ________________________________________________________________________
5. What Iroquois custom is still practiced today? ________________________________
6. How did most Plains people live? (circle one)
· By farming
· By hunting
· By fishing
· By farming and hunting
7. What animal was important to the people of the Plains for meat, clothing, blankets, and utensils? _____________________________
What is one way horses affected the lifestyle of the
How important were horses to the
11. Which of the
following describes the environment of the
12. Why did the Hopi build their villages on the tops of mesas? ___________________
13. Which ceremony honored the kachinas and asked for their help? ________________________________________________________________________
14. Which of the following statements BEST describes the Hopi today?
15. Which is the BEST description of a potlatch?
16. What was a shaman’s main role in Kwakiutl society?
17. Which of the following is NOT true about a shaman?
18. Which of the following is a modern addition to the Kwakiutl culture?